Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Been awfully quiet around here lately. My life's been busy, but not terribly interesting. Trying to think about what I should do with this space, something that will give me an incentive to write. I sit down to write every day, and stare at the monitor, and the blank, white space mocks me, because I have nothing to say...or what I have to say seems dumb, or incoherent, or petty. I'm out of practice. I haven't been writing as much as I should...but I have a new pen pal, and that has inspired me to try and spend some more time with the muse. Sadly, even writing e-mails is an effort, but hopefully one that will become easier with practice.

I've been doing some more reading lately (this year has been pretty slow for me on that front) and am thinking I may start keeping a reading journal again. I haven't added any quotes to my quote book in forever, even though I've read some really good things in the last year. I'm sure that there are an abundance of good quotes that I completely failed to note down, and are now lost to me, unless I should read them again.

I've also been doing quite a bit of crafting, and have several projects in various stages of completion, which is kind of fun. At least I've been keeping busy. I'm hoping to get some pictures up soon so I can show off some of my work, but I haven't figured out what I want the album to look like....or rather I have some ideas, but not the skill to put them into effect.

Now if only it would cool off a little, I might find some energy to get out and do something.

No comments: