Friday, April 15, 2005

You ever have one of those days when you're driving down the highway, and your exit is coming up and you are more than half tempted to skip it and keep driving? Today was one of those days. I periodically do this, get so fed up with everything in my life that I just want to run away from it all...not a useful coping mechanism, I'll grant you, but there it is. What is keeping me here? My job? There are a lot of things that I like about my work, but there are a lot of things I don't like as well...which is pretty typical, I think. So that's not it. Once, and not that long ago either, I would have said "my friends" but my friends have been less friendly of late. I don't know. I think it's inertia. The only thing keeping me here is that it's where I am. Where else would I go?

Like a good girl, I took the exit I always take, and came into work. Now I just have to get through the day.

No comments: