Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Well, I haven't been very good about updating here...but then absolutely nothing of interest has happened in my life, so I guess that's okay. I have been making an attempt to keep track of the books I am reading, with the goal of reading at least 50 books this year. So far I have managed: C.S. Lewis - The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe 224 p. One of the few occasions when revisiting a love of my childhood has not been disappointing. Lemony Snicket - The Penultimate Peril 368 p. Clever, as usual. I love this series. Curtis Sittenfeld - Prep 417 p. Teenagers are annoying. This book reminds me a little too much of my own experiences in private school. Greg Palmer - Death: The Trip of a Lifetime 294 p. Entertaining and enlightening: a good combination. Elizabeth Kostova - The Historian 642 p. Novels about vampires are inherently silly. This one is no exception. John Irving - A Prayer For Owen Meany 640 p. I DON'T LIKE IT WHEN PEOPLE YELL AT ME. Dennis Lehane - Shutter Island 400 p. Predictable, but a quick and interesting read. Otherwise, my life has been pretty boring. I've been knitting a lot, and spending much more time by myself than I would like. But there has also been dancing, and movies and fun times with friends, so it's not all bad.

No comments: