Sunday, April 03, 2011

Having a great weekend so far. Kicked off with Mario Kart and tequila shots on Friday night. Then headed to Open Studios on Sat. Was reasonably busy at the studio and I had a few sales which was nice. I also destashed some yarn to a friend, in return for which she is going to make me a hat and some socks! How awesome. I am very excited about this, since I almost never knit for myself, and although I love handknit socks, I HATE knitting them. Had to leave the studio early to meet up with people for dinner and a concert. Had so much fun. The opening band, Forro in the Dark, was really upbeat and fun. I always like watching bands that look like they are having a blast performing. This is probably my favorite of their songs: Nonsensical Gogol Bordello was amazing live. I've only been listening to them for a few months now, so I don't know all of the songs, but they had incredible energy and it was completely infectious. The whole audience was just bouncing around, having a great time. And how can you not dance around like a fool to this? Start Wearing Purple And now I am back at the studio for a little bit, finishing up some spinning and dyeing, and will be having some family time later today. Busy busy busy.

1 comment:

Sharp Pointy Sticks said...

I love that your destashing increased my stash! But I love lace and sock yarn... Once I finish my mom's mittens (I finished the scarf last night) I will get started on your hat!