Thursday, June 02, 2011

Handspun Slouchy Entrelac Tam

Left my other knitting at work. So what's a girl supposed to do? Start a new project of course.




This is an especially special project, because this yarn is spun from the very first fiber I ever got: superwash merino in the colorway "Heat Wave" from Crown Mountain Farms (I think). I think the color has long been discontinued. This fiber was a gift from Amber when I bought my spinning wheel from her, and it was so nice, I was terrified to spin it. I think it sat in my stash for about a year and a half before I finally took the plunge. The finished yarn has now been in my stash for about 3 years, waiting for the right project to come along. And I finally decided to do an entrelac project, since the yarn has somewhat self striping properties. It's much more red and deep purple than it looks in this picture - for reference, this is a better pic of the yarn:

Heat Wave - handspun yarn


I am excited to see how this will turn out. Back to knitting!

No comments: