Friday, December 16, 2011

Home from seeing the Nutcracker.  It's been years since I have seen it and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. First, there is something charming about seeing ballet performed in a small space. I feel like I was better able to appreciate the intricacies of movement.  The choreography was lovely, the children playing the mice were just about the cutest things you ever saw, and couple playing the Sugar Plum Fairy and Cavalier were beautiful dancers.  Also, the guys had really nice butts.  Well, I mean, really...I know you all expect me to notice these sorts of things.  Also, I had forgotten how much I really like the music.  Not surprisingly perhaps, I find the Trepak/Russian dance particularly appealing and will likely be humming that to myself for a bit, which may make it difficult to go to sleep tonight.

No comments: