Monday, August 08, 2005

I've been something of a slacker lately...at least when it comes to writing. It's not that I haven't been doing anything, but I guess I haven't much felt like writing about it. So, some of the exciting things I have been doing lately include: 
Numerous trips to the club for fun and flailing


An expedition to Mount Greylock




Another weekend in NH







A business trip to CA and Chicago




An outing to Salem







A trip to the zoo





I've also spent a good portion of my time working on my knitting. I've taught myself how to do entrelac, have played with dyeing yarn, and have made another fingerless mitten (though I have yet to make its mate). I am probably going to do some lace work, and start a sweater as my next projects. I have a completely unreasonable amount of yarn. Additionally, I've been reading more lately. I had definitely slacked off on this respect for some time, and have been making a conscious effort to read some of the books that have been waiting for me. In that spirit, I have read several books in the last 2 months: The Plague Tales and The Burning Road by Ann Benson Shade's Children by Garth Nix Madame de Treymes and Others by Edith Wharton Secrets & Confidances edited by Karen Eng Mirror Mirror by Gregory Maguire The Whole by John Reed Sloppy Seconds by Megan McCafferty I get a lot more reading done when I am suffering from insomnia. Otherwise, not a whole lot of interesting developments. 

No comments: