Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Attack of the Yarn! I spent some time last night cleaning out the yarn storage unit. Again. This is part of my attempt to make my bedroom look less like something exploded in there. 


Car Yarn: This pile is all yarn that, for one reason or another, has been driving around in my car with me for God only knows how long.

 

Knitpicks order: This is my most recent order from Knitpicks, which arrived in the mail yesterday, long after I had forgotten I had ordered it.


 Webs yarn: This is the yarn that I have bought on my two most recent trips to Webs. A strong argument that I should not be allowed to go there anymore. This would be 3 hanks of Malabrigo, 3 Hanks of Schaefer Anne, 3 balls Reynolds Odyssey, 5 hanks of Classic Elite Premiere, and 8 skeins of Silk Garden (which is funny, 'cause I could have sworn I bought 10). 


 All the yarn: This is just to give you an idea of how much yarn there is. It made a two foot high pile the length of my bed. And this doesn't include the bag of scraps and acrylic yarns I put aside for toys and other small projects, or the bag of yarn that I am giving away. What can I say? I am a sick woman. I think the solution is that I need to learn to knit faster. Either that, or quit my job.


 Clapotis I am about halfway through the straight section (as indicated by the pattern), but I am using a fingering weight yarn, and I don't think it's going to be long enough unless I had another 6-10 repeats...so I have a long way to go, yet. But it's striping up real pretty. 

 Gwydion investigates


 Gywdion helps out In the way that he always does....by laying down directly on top of whatever it is I am trying to look at, work on, read, or otherwise engage myself with.

No comments: