Thursday, April 27, 2006

Last Saturday, I had the opportunity to go to a knitting event featuring Stephanie Pearl-McPhee at Webs. It was awesome. She gave a talk at the Clarion, and then was signing books at the yarn store afterwards. I really wish my carpal tunnel hadn't been acting up, 'cause it would have been fun to be knitting, like practically everyone else. I bought Knitting Rules, and had it signed, which was cool. And I bought about $60 worth of yarn and needles...which I totally needed, so don't go thinking that I was impulsive, or that I have no self control. Read both Knitting Rules and At Knit's End (which I borrowed from J, as I don't have my own copy yet) this week. I liked both of them very much, and I especially enjoyed the quotes from AKE, which I made a game of trying to figure out where they were from...because I am silly like that. Knitting Rules on the other hand has inspired me to dig into my sock yarn stash and try my hand at socks. Again. Because my first two pairs were both uncomfortable and lumpy...and I am convinced it is the yarn. So I'm going to try using some actual sock yarn. Nice, yummy, beautiful merino sock yarn. We'll see how it goes. This brings me to 19 books and 7377 pages.

No comments: