Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I am having a ton of fun with my latest craft swap. It has a zombie theme. Zombies are fun. In preparation for crafting, I made the roomie watch Day of the Dead with me last weekend. I am planning to make a little felt Bub doll, holding a gun, and saluting, if I can get his arm to do that. I am in the process of making a Book of the Dead, to represent my swap partner's love of the Evil Dead movies. It's starting to look pretty creepy, though it definitely needs more work. And last, but definitely not least, I am making a zombie coming out of her grave out of a Runts tin (I didn't have any Altoids at home). It's completely silly and I love it. I plan to put magnets inside, or something like that. It's a good thing we have all of these supplies hanging around my workplace to help me in my crafting when I am on breaks and whatnot. =) I am also signed up for a Stuffies swap, and plan to make my swap partner a big squishy elephant (in the same style as the squishy sheep I did recently). I haven't decided whether to make him in elephant colors, or to go wild and make him purple or something. But that should be fun. Pictures to come, as soon as some of this stuff is finished.

No comments: