Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I recently took part in a "disposable camera/roll of film" swap. The idea was that you would shoot a roll of film and send it, undeveloped to your partner, along with a picture frame that you made or decorated. My partner has received the package, and though I don't yet know how any of the pictures came out, the frame looks like this:



It's a wooden frame, painted with brown and metallic gold acrylic paint, and then decorated with skeletonized leaves, gold paper leaves, and a silvery wire tree. Although I am pleased with the results, I would never do this again, as it was a real pain in the you-know-what. The coloring in the leaves bled everywhere when I was trying to glue them to the frame, and the wire tree did not want to stick to anything and kept unbending and pulling away from the frame. The back ended up being a huge glue-y mess. Thankfully, people shouldn't be looking at the back that often. :)

No comments: