Friday, August 01, 2008

I am still taking a break from spinning. I can't wait for the weather to really cool off so I can spend some quality time with my wool. I've had autumn on my mind, and that's reflected in my most recent project:




This piece started out as a beach themed magnet board which I got on clearance more than a year ago at the craft store. The frame had a "weathered wood" finish and the magnet board was filled with scenes of lighthouses and the ocean, and it came with a set of seashell shaped magnets.

I took off the decorative glass knobs that lined the bottom of the frame, sanded the crap out of everything, painted the new design, and varnished it for a nice shiny finish. Then I bought some leaf shaped pieces of wood, painted them, and made them into magnets to finish off the piece.

No comments: