Sunday, January 04, 2009

Iridescence

I rarely post pictures of unfinished work, but I am so in love with this I have to share it, even though it's not complete. First of all, let me say that I bought this batt from loop on etsy and it was a dream to spin with. The colorway is called Iridescence, and it's black alpaca that's been blended with an assortment of firestar in pretty much every color. You all know how I can help myself when it comes to shiny objects. And the alpaca fiber was so soft and silky, I want to marry it. It was that good.

Anyway, here's what the single looks like so far:


I started to ply it on itself, but the glitter was a bit much, even for me, so I am going to spin up a solid black single to ply it with. I think it is going to be gorgeous when it's done.

Well, I feel like the day is wasting, and I have spinning and knitting to get done today. Happy Sunday!

No comments: