Thursday, January 19, 2006

Ive actually been pretty busy with the knitting and crafting and whatnot, but I haven't been taking any pictures, and now most of the stuff has gone on to new homes. However, I have progress to report on My First Sweater tm. I am making Mariah. I have the sleeves, front and back done to the point where you join them together, and am about to embark on the yoke. This means I have to go back to paying attention to the complicated cables on the sleeves. But I am excited at the prospect that I may, sometime in the not too distant future, have a completed sweater to show off. Even if it is crappy, it will still be good, because I made it myself. =) In other knitting news, I have been contemplating the thought of participating in the knitting olympic challenge, in which case I would attempt to make the Patons Divine Lacy Cardigan. This was going to be the next project on my list in any case, since I have all the yarn, and the pattern. Completing these two things would clear out a huge space in my yarn stash drawers (which would enable me to put away some of the other yarn I have bought or been given that does not currently have a home). In other crafting news, after a catching a bit of Lilo and Stitch this past weekend while visiting with hippygoth, ladygwyn and M, it occurred to me that I wanted to make a stitch mini mini (this would be a cross stitch pattern on 18 count fabric, which has a finished size of about 2.5" x 2.5". Accordingly, I have charted it out, and began stitching this week, only my original chart had too many quarter stitches, and I stuck the needle into my thumb trying to jam the needle through the fabric. So it's been re-charted, and I am about half done with the stitching now. He is awfully cute. He looks something like this: 



 My Jesus paint by number is still languishing in limbo-land, as I have been doing so much painting for work lately, that I haven't really felt like working on it.

No comments: