Thursday, July 10, 2008

This month's EtsyFAST challenge is "destashing". The idea being to use up some supplies that you have on hand to create something new. This has inspired me to finally finish spinning the following yarns. I started spinning these in late April/early May and have worked on them in spurts over the last few months. That's a long time to have something on the bobbin...for me, anyway. Both started with the same green/blue fiber that I used a few months ago for my Dragon Skin yarn, only this time, I spun the singles much finer.

Secret Garden was then plied with gold thread, randomly strung with black glass beads.




Foliage was plied with black metallic thread



Speaking of finishing things, I have picked up my TW Winter Carousel cross stitch for the first time in about 5 years and am making good progress. This further inspired me to pull out some of my completed cross stitch pieces and try to figure out what to do with them. I am thinking about making some of them into fabric wall hanging type of things, but still have to take a closer look at them to decide what best to do.

No comments: