Monday, February 23, 2009

New yarns

Finally got some pictures of my newest yarns.

This is the one that I started a while back and finally completed earlier this month.

Iridescence:





So this is one ply of black alpaca and multi-colored firestar (batt purchased from loop on etsy) and one ply of natural black suri llama and alpaca blend (from thecritterranch). It is super soft and has just the right amount of sparkle. I love it. I will be keeping this for myself, but I haven't decided what to make with it yet.

The second new yarn is for this month's Big Damn Crafters challenge. Our theme this month is Mal, and so I used a batt of alpaca in 3 natural shades of cream and brown which was blended with coordinating angelina. I liked the idea of using undyed fiber, but couldn't resist the sparkles. Go figure. I know that you are all surprised by that. In any case, I think it is a good representation, if Mal was going to be a yarn, I am pretty sure it would look like this:

No comments: