Wednesday, February 18, 2009

So, in the spirit of trying to accomplish some of my crafting goals for this year, I decided that I would find Socks 2.4 and see what kind of state they were in. Much to my surprise, they looked like this:



They actually look sock-like! I didn't remember having done so much, and seeing them in that state, I was more inspired to start working on them again, so I brought them to knitting last week. And then I remembered why I had stopped working on them the last time: I was working both socks at the same time on 2 circular needles. Then one of the needles broke. Though I tried valiantly to do both socks using Magic Loop, the remaining needle simply isn't long enough and made the project fiddly and frustrating. I am happy to report that I purchased a second needle this week and am ready to continue working on them. So I hope to have a completed pair of socks to show off soon.

In other news, I finished my two pink scarves of doom, and am glad to be done with them:





And I have been keeping busy with my spinning and have completed a few new yarns, though I only have pictures of one of them. I call this one Suprise!


To be honest, I am not sure how I feel about it. It's pretty soft though, being a llama/alpace blend.

One thing I am sure about is that I am totally in love with one of the other yarns I finished, and it is likely to be the 2nd yarn I have loved too much to part with. I will take pictures soon, I promise.

And now I will leave you with this pictures, sent to me by earthgirl from the show she did recently.

No comments: