Wednesday, October 25, 2006

So, yeah, more yarn. Got to play with the wheel a bit on Fri night before my plague overwhelmed me. I learned that trying to make yarn when feeling very tired and ill is not necessarily a good idea, unless you intend to make novelty yarn. 
So my yarn experience started with this very autumnal bundle of wool, which, because I wanted to experiment a bit about how I prepared it, I split into 3 sections, which wound up fitting almost perfectly on a bobbin apiece. The first one looked pretty good. The second one, while very different, also looked okay.  The last one, well, it's definitely more of a novelty, lots of overspun/underspun bits, tufty things sticking out and whatnot: The plague pretty much hit me full force halfway through this one, and I completely lost the ability to do more than one thing at a time. As a side note, I tried to ply this yarn with some pretty gold stuff, which looked really nice, except when it got all tangly and made the yarn develop buboes, resulting in it being painstakingly unwound by me, and my lucky roomie, who gets to witness most of my crafting disasters in person. =/ Should probably stop playing with the yarn and focus on some of my swap things which need to get done. Heh.



No comments: