Saturday, July 21, 2007

Monkey!

Weird as it may seem, I actually made something for me. I know, I know, it's crazy, right?


This used to be a very tiny skirt that I bought at Goodwill for $1. I satin stitched the monkey on the pocket, from a Sublime Stitching pattern that I believe ladygwyn bought for me. Cut off part of the bottom to use for straps, sewed the bottom up, and lined with yellow monkey print fabric (also bought for me by ladygwyn). It has lots of useful pockets for carrying things in, and has got monkeys, which are always good for a smile.

Sadly, I should have used a different color thread on the bobbin, as the stitching is very obvious on the yellow now, but since it's for me, I don't really mind. I certainly wasn't going to take it out and redo it. Bad enough that I had to sew the lining in by hand because my sewing machine just would not go through the 8 or so layers of fabric where the belt loops are. Go figure.

Anyway, here's a closeup of the monkey, 'cause he's all cute and stuff.

No comments: