Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Was just realizing that I never posted pics of the stuff I made for the Firefly/Serenity swap, and I thought I would share.

First up, we have a Serenity logo bag, with a pretty satin brocade lining (my first attempt at sewing something with pockets, so go me!


I am pleased with how it came out, but I never want to work with that fabric again. I had little bits of it everywhere.

Next are some strawberry shaped stitch markers made from felt.

I was really just looking for an excuse to make cute felt foods.

A set of felt backed coasters (seen here with my crafting partner: Smirnoff Twisted Watermelon)


A handmade journal, inspired by Kaylee's room sign (inside also has rub on flowers and butterflies)


A Kaylee inspired windchime (there were originally supposed to be tool parts in here as well, but I couldn't get them to work, but I still think it is cute and colorful and makes pretty noises)


And finally, Zoe and Kaylee dolls. I am not as happy with these as I would like. I don't know what was wrong with me, but I just couldn't get them to work the way I wanted, and almost considered not sending them at all. I am definitely having another go at this project when my wrist feels better.

No comments: