Tuesday, July 03, 2007

works in progress

I have been a busy little crafting bee. I needed to keep myself occupied this past weekend so that I didn't spend too much time thinking, and I got all of my Firefly/Serenity swap items completed (just in time, too), and also dug out the sewing machine to work on stuff for a knit/crochet goodie bag swap. I never did much sewing at the Crackhouse, as I didn't really have a good space for cutting out fabric and the like. It's amazing what having a table on which to work will do. I am really enjoying the whole sewing thing, and can't wait to share some pics of my stuff (once my partners have received, of course).

Also, I got a very nice message from my partner in the little stuffie swap, telling me that her husband was impressed by my stuffie. There's nothing like an unasked for compliment to make my day.

And finally, jadefu, I might finish these mittens sometime before it gets cold again, but I hope you don't mind if I don't do the thumb gussett. For some reason, I am currently completely incapable of performing this function. Don't know why. I have done it successfully several times before with no problems, but I have had to rip these out 4 or 5 times and am getting kind of frustrated. Hope you understand. :)

No comments: