Sunday, October 21, 2007

Yesterday, geekpixie and I went to the NYS Sheep and Wool Festival (aka Rhinebeck). The Festival was completely wonderful, though the bus trip left something to be desired.


This is us, on the bus, at around 6 am. We look so happy, probably because we didn't know that the 3.5 hour trip was actually going to take 5 hours.


Thankfully, once we arrived at the festival, we had a perfect day to wander around and visit all the lovely, lovely fibers.


Mmmm...fiber.

And the animals. Can't forget the animals. :)






We had a lunch which included deep fried garlic cloves.


And I came home with all of this:


But I didn't buy a bunny, so I think I exercised a remarkable amount of self control. Go me!

All in all, it was a good day, though we have decided that next year, we should just drive ourselves down and stay in a hotel. It will probably cost the same, and we won't spend 2/3 of the day on a bus where we didn't even have lights so we could knit on the way home.

No comments: